Instructional Design Ninja Differences
I am not your typical instructional designer. I don’t spend my time formatting slides in PowerPoint and programming e-learning in Storyline to crank out pretty courses. (I work with a team that does that part.) Rather, I help you design training that works.
I know, I know. Training never works …not really. Not true. And, I can prove it.
I also share what I know so that you can learn from our work together to start building your own training that works.
Here are three ways that I am different than your average ID.
1) I know how to get results.
Take a look at some of the results I’ve helped my clients achieve.
- More than doubled the training pass rate while reducing average training time by 2 months
- 78% reduction in onboarding ramp time
- Near perfect product knowledge scores
- Conversion up by nearly 9% and churn down by more than half
- More than 85% of participants had a clearer understanding of their role in driving profitability for the company and 100% had a better understanding of the key factors involved in bringing a product to market
2) I have a deep knowledge of instructional design, performance consulting, and learning strategy.
This means I know how to employ cool techniques, like spiral learning, to help learners master new knowledge and skill. And, I know that adding points and badges to gamify a course isn’t enough to gamify anything. Grades and gold stars, anyone?
3) I share what I know.
I help you understand why I am doing what I am doing so you come away from our work together knowing more and being able to do more to build your own training that works.
Interested in learning whether I can help you with your instructional design project?
You can reach me at 415-701-7600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.